Quinoa burger with peas and carrots. These bean-free, nut-free vegan quinoa burgers are packed with protein and veggies. They can be made ahead of time and even frozen for use another day.
Quinoa and burger go together like peas and carrots. I’ve been loving making vegan burgers lately and this quinoa burger with peas and carrots is probably my favorite so far. I try to add a burger or other handheld item in my weekly dinner plan. Mainly, because I can make the burgers ahead of time and then when it’s time for dinner on a chosen night it comes together very quickly. Usually, I plan it for a night where I’m getting home late from work or there is something else going on that night.
Quinoa is a whole grain that is packed with protein and it provides all 9 essential amino acids that make a complete protein. Quinoa should really be in most vegans diets for this reason and this quinoa burger is a good place to start, in my opinion.Print
Quinoa Burger ingredients:
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1″ piece of ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (about 1 carrot)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
For Cooking Burgers:
- canola oil for cooking quinoa burgers
- flour for dredging
- In a food processor, add the sunflower seeds, ginger, garlic, and oats. Blend for 30 seconds to make a coarse mixture. Transfer to a bowl.
- Toast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and flax seeds in a dry saute pan over medium heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute to lightly toast. Grind in a spice grinder or bash in a mortar and pestle. Add to the bowl.
- Add the remaining quinoa burger ingredients to the bowl and stir well to combine. Shape into 4 burger patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly dredge the burgers in flour and add to the skillet. Cook for approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and burger fixings.