- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped (approx. a 1/2 of a large butternut squash)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for an hour or two
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp. white miso
- 4 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Frank’s red hot sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into roughly 1″ cubes. Toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- While squash is roasting- In a high-speed blender add remaining ingredients and blend on high for 1-3 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Add the squash to the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Substitute a whole head of roasted garlic for the garlic powder for a deeper garlic flavor.
Substitute any kind of winter squash you have on hand for the butternut squash.
Doubling the recipe will just fit in a Vitamix 5200 blender. with enough room to still blend.