- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 1/4 cups water or nut milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- If not using a high-speed blender, soak the cashews for a couple of hours or overnight. Drain and place in the blender.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend on high for a few minutes or until creamy and smooth without any graininess.
Use in place of vegan cheese on pizza, sandwiches, or pasta.