Vegan mozzarella spread. Mozzarella style flavored vegan cheese made with cashews and spices. It has a beautiful sauce-like consistency and is perfect on top of pizza, sandwiches, or pasta.
You have got to try this vegan mozzarella spread. The taste and consistency are right on the money. Most store-bought vegan mozzarella is too firm and doesn’t melt that well, in my opinion. This recipe for vegan mozzarella has a sauce-like consistency and firms up when cooked. I absolutely love it!
You can use this vegan mozzarella for a number of different recipes, but I especially love it on pizza. I made my favorite pizza dough recipe and I had leftover tomato basil sauce that I spread on top of the dough. I baked the crust with tomato sauce on it in a 450°F oven until the crust was just about done. Then I topped it off with the vegan mozzarella spread and a simple basil pesto sauce and placed it back in the oven for 2 more minutes. Everyone went crazy over it… Give it a try!
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 1/4 cups water or nut milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- If not using a high-speed blender, soak the cashews for a couple of hours or overnight. Drain and place in the blender.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend on high for a few minutes or until creamy and smooth without any graininess.
Use in place of vegan cheese on pizza, sandwiches, or pasta.