Vegan Avocado Greek salad for the gods recipe. Use any kind of lettuce and add tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, pepperoncini, and dried oregano. Toss with a red wine vinaigrette.
Here is a super easy greek salad with the addition of avocado. You might be asking why I added avocado?? And I might tell you something like… because avocado makes almost every salad a bit more delicious. Be a believer… the gods will be happy.
This vegan avocado greek salad would be great as a main meal, possibly with some pita bread, or as a smaller salad to start a meal. I made a big bowl of it and had it with soup last night and then again for lunch today. Easy and delicious.
- 1-2 heads of romaine, iceberg, or green leaf lettuce, cut into pieces
- 1/2 a small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into half moons
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 9 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or mason jar.
- Toss all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat evenly. Serve immediately